How To Register for the IELTS Exam (IDP)
Updated: December 2023
What You Need To Know And Have Before You Register
Before you read on:
How To Register For The Normal/Standard IELTS Exam
- 1Choose Test Date: Go to https://www.idp.com/singapore/ielts/book-my-test (see screenshot below) and scroll to the middle of the page where information about upcoming test dates, type, format, venue and availability is listed. Click on "Book Test" in the far right column.
Note: The Speaking component of the IELTS exam will be done at a different time from the Listening/Reading/Writing component. It will be usually be held on the same day, but not all the time. If under the "Venue" column you see "Friday Speaking Test", it means the Speaking would be on Friday even though the other 3 components would on Saturday.
- 2Click Continue To Confirm Test Date: A new browser window/tab will open with information about the selected venue and with your test date already selected. Go to the bottom of the page and click the "Continue" button on the right.
- 3Choose Speaking Date & Time And Confirm: Choose your Speaking Date and Time and then click "Continue".
- 4Create New User: If you are a new candidate, click "Create New User" or if you already have an account, you can enter your "Username" and "Password".
- 5Complete The Candidate Details Form: Fill in the form and create your "Username" and "Password" at the bottom of the page for new users. Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page
- 6Complete The Application Details Form: Fill in the form and this is where you need to upload the image of your ID. Also, under the "Referral Partner Name", choose "Jonathan". Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Claim Your Free IELTS Vocabulary Mindmaps!
For my students: In order to get your 3 FREE IELTS Vocabulary Mindmaps, please Whatsapp a copy of you choosing "Jonathan" as your "Referral Partner" (see example image below) to +65 8530 0250.
- 7Choose Recognising Organisations (Optional): If you want IELTS to send a copy of your results to an organisation, you can select the organisations here. Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
- 8Check Booking Summary: Check the summary of your registration then click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
- 9Pay Now Or Offline: You can choose to pay immediately using Paypal or Debit/Credit Card. Or you can choose to pay offline. If you decide to pay offline, you have 2 days to do so or your booking will be cancelled. You can go to IDP to pay in cash or call IDP if you want to transfer the exam fees.
If you have any problems with your registration or want to ask IDP how to do your payment offline, contact them at:
Hotlines: +65 6819 0560 (extension 580/581), +65 9152 1436
Do remember your Username and Password as you would need them to access your account containing all your registration details.
How To Register For The UKVI IELTS Exam
- 1Choose Test Type: Go to https://my.ieltsessentials.com/UKVI (see screenshot below) and select "Singapore" as both the "Country" and "Location". Then select your required Test Type: IELTS for UKVI (Academic) or IELTS for UKVI (General Training).
- 2Select Venue And Date: Select "IDP Singapore UKVI IELTS" then select your preferred test date. Then click "Continue".
The rest of the procedure is the same as Steps 3 to 9 for the "Normal/Standard IELTS Exam" above so scroll up to continue with Steps 3 to 9 above!